Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

We Interrupt Our Regularly Scheduled Ducting Disquisition to Present an Unorganized Hancock Video


I will of course continue to explain how HVAC works  in the very near future, only to have readers tell me in the comments that putting a ceiling fan on reverse cures chill blains and cancer. In the meantime, you're going to have to settle for a wonderful song performed by a wonderful band comprised of my wonderful kids.

Lisztomania is a peppy song performed originally by a lively band called Phoenix, who I gather are a French outfit popular at Electric Daisy Carnivals and other sanitized Woodstocks. There is a live recording of this song from an Unorganized Hancock performance at the Skowhegan School of Painting and Sculpture that hardcore Unorganized Hancock fans might recall. My gosh, l'il Garrett was only ten then.

The latest recording sounds like ten people are playing on it, but it's just my boys. They have become adept multi-trackers. The animation is entirely the work of the twelve-year-old drummer. He has a sweet, if quirky, disposition, and it shines through, don't you think? I commended him on making a reference to France in a video with links to a French band, and he said,"They're from France? I didn't know that."

He just likes France, I guess.

4 comments:

Casey Klahn said...

All ahead full! Or "Squid," as they say.

My compliments.

chasmatic said...

I'd rather hear about Unorganized Hancock than some tin-knocker's lament.

When it gets hot the temperature rises.

When it gets cold the temperature falls.

Any questions about that?

Sam L. said...

Them cute little squiddums!

Thud said...

I like it,complete with not so yellow submarine.