Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Mr. Spock Knew the Score. Sunny Is the Official Cover Song of the Twenty-Teens

Like a salmon swimming upstream to spawn before dying, Leonard Nimoy knew he had to record Sunny by Bobby Hebb before he was beamed off our planet for good. It's the Official Cover Song of the Twenty-Teens. Why? Because reasons, that's why.

You have to admit, it's fascinating


walt reed said...

Thanks,I guess. Well, maybe.

John The River said...

I liked Leonard Nimoy. I did.

But I do not like that recording.
There was an LP that I had when I was seventeen, Leonard Nimoy Presents Mr. Spock's Music From Outer Space,, I bought it for the cover art. Spock in his ear-ree glory holding a large model of the Enterprise. Nichelle Nichols and her "Beyond Antares" was the best thing on it. But Leonard did a very acceptable job on a semi singing and spoken song/poem. If I still had that now it's worth roughly $65 used ($300 like new). But I probably wouldn't take the time to lay down on the rug and listen to it as I used to.
But I loved that cover.

Sam L. said...

I begin to think your brain has been overtaken by an evil spirit. Or YouTube laziness. I shall cogitate, and perhaps regurgitate my thoughts.
Or take some Tums or Maalox to hold them down.

chasmatic said...

Annette Funicello and the Mousekateers did a good version of "Sunny". She played the ukulele on it.
Meeska Mooska Mousekateer
Mouse Cartoon time now appear.

Watch out Sipp, I'm drifting in your direction:

Ship to shore,
can't see the coastline anymore;
I shouldn't be here,
I thought I made that loud and clear"