Well, if you don't want to get anything done today, go on over to GIFYouTube.com and make animated GIFs automagically with just a little work. It's fairly easy to get a loop going because you can change the length from one to ten seconds.
- Go to GifYouTube.com
- Paste the URL from any YouTube video in the box. Remember to turn off "Share with playlist starting from current video" before you copy the URL
- Select the Start Time by dragging the cursor wherever you like. It will automatically start from wherever you put it, and you can drag it all around until you get what you're aiming for
- Adjust the length of the animated GIF from 1 to 10 seconds to make it loop the way you want
- You can give it a title if you like
- Hit "Create gif"
- Right click on the GIF and copy it to your desktop. If you have an Apple, do Apple things, and may God have mercy on your soul.
- If you're new to animated GIFs, they just lie there like a prom date until you open them in a browser like Firefox or whatever.
I can pretty much guarantee that even though it's Sunday morning that the servers will be melting, and the Intertunnel will be awash with moderately amusing animated gifs until everyone's sick of them and the fellows that wrote the few lines of code that it takes to make this happen will be chiseled into the Interweb's Mount Rushmore, and nothing of value will be produced, or lost.
[If you're new around here, the animated GIFs are of my sons, also known as Unorganized Hancock]