Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

In Furtherance Of My Evil Plan To Resurrect Wichita Lineman And Make It The Official Cover Song Of The Twenty-Teens: The Derangers



There's a growing movement.

But never mind about my bathroom habits. I wanna talk about my mission --obsession, really -- to make Wichita Lineman the National Anthem of the Intertunnel. See, I just named it that. I don't know why I did that. It's Kismet, or Astral projection, or yoga or hara kiri or some other exotic word drunk people use in conversation between belches. It's fit, and just, and it just fits:

THE NATIONAL ANTHEM OF THE INTERTUNNELS


I was thinking of changing the lyric, but I hear you singing in the series of tubes ruins the Ionic Pentacost, or the Ironic Pantograph, or the Iambic Pulsifer, or whatever you call those word thingies that Lord Byline and Sir Walter Scott Towels use to make the rhymie words line up .


Also Sprach Sippican: In Furtherance Of My Evil Plan To Resurrect Wichita Lineman And Make It The Official Cover Song Of The Twenty-Teens: Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66 

Anteceded by: In Furtherance Of My Evil Plan To Resurrect Wichita Lineman And Make It The Official Cover Song Of The Twenty-Teens: The Swinging Doors

Aforetimes: In Furtherance Of My Evil Plan To Resurrect Wichita Lineman And Make It The Official Cover Song Of The Twenty-Teens: Optiganally Yours 

Previously: In Furtherance Of My Evil Plan To Resurrect Wichita Lineman And Make It The Official Cover Song Of The Twenty-Teens: Glenn Tilbrook 

Also Sprach Sippican: Another In The Long List Of Songs I Don't Like That I Like   

6 comments:

vanderleun said...

It is one of the greatest songs of all history and it does not need your pipsqueak variations. Just lie down and let it love you.

Casey Klahn said...

I have watched keenly all of your posts on topic. Perhaps you already know why this otherwise well-meaning and sounding band won't make it to fame?

You guessed it. The looks on their faces. Not having fun. Not dead serious. Goofy might be close. Mirthful goofy.

Glenn, we hardly knew you. Please come back.

chasmatic said...

Ghosts on the trees, there's ghosts on the wires, asking questions and showing signs.
Shivering with truth they're lighting fires, lighting fires all down the line.

Sam L. said...

Harder you must try, Mr. Sippi!

Accomplish this, you can.

Nickname unavailable said...

Guitarist Johnny A from Boston area has a great instrumental version of Wichita Lineman.

Dan Patterson said...

And if it snows
That stretch down south
Won't ever stand the strain.

Evocative, as a lyric often is not.
Whether the stretch is a thinning of a cable, or a location, just makes it better.