Pages

Friday, August 09, 2013

Let Them Hear Cake

The Beaverly Brothers, AKA Unorganized Hancock, are appearing this afternoon at the Skowhegan School of Painting and Sculpture in scenic Madison, Maine.


That's Lake Wesserans... Wessarans...Westerinsett...

At any rate, that's the lake at the school. A lovely spot to rusticate and pester a canvas, don't you think? I find it fascinating that the school still teaches fresco painting. Fresco painting is what Michelangelo did to the Sistine Chapel. You apply pigments to fresh (fresco) plaster, and it's absorbed into the material as it hardens. I used to dabble in painting on the walls and ceilings in a barbarous way, and had no idea anyone was still trying it Old Skool. Good on them.

Holy cow, is that a table saw?


Ah, I won't be totally lost there. I can't afford that nifty overarm dust collection, though. They better keep an eye on it. And count all the plastic sporks after we Rumford heathens leave.

It's a party for the end of their session. Will there be Cake? Oh, trust me; one way or another there will be Cake:



By the way, did anyone else notice that YouTube, ie: Google stole Unorganized Hancock's logo for their homepage this week? Here's YouTube:



And here's Unorganized Hancock's:
Anyone know any good lawyers? We should sue. On second thought, never mind; I doubt Google has any money.

2 comments:

julie said...

Wow - looks like it was a great weekend! Well done, boys!

Anonymous said...

We used to say that when the student is ready the teacher will appear.
Seems that hasn't happened yet when it comes to bands and bass players.
Makes me wanna grab my bass and join ya but I throw up on busses and the cab fare would be like 7 million dollars.
Seems like the IQ of the indigenous population of Maine must be sorta wantin' 'cuz if I lived there I'd be angling to join UH by hook or by crook.
Endeavor to persevere
D

p.s. I think you'd do very well in a lawsuit against google: equal justice under the law and soforth