Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

The Chiri Chiri Sisters. Indeed


The Chiri Chiri sisters are my new second-favorite band.

Chie and Risa are from Yokohama, and the planet Gene Vincent, by the sound of it. Of course I have no idea what the hell's going on. That's a feature, not a bug these days. I don't want a peek behind the curtain. I want you to smile and sing and play your song like you're enjoying yourself, or at least reserve a serious mien for serious music. Their giapponese webpages are Greek to me, but their smiles and Country Gentleman twang are not.

Have a Chiri day. I know I will.

The Chiri Chiri sisters on Facebook.


7 comments:

julie said...

:)
A Japanese girl, singing in Japanese, with an American style country twang. I had no idea that could be done.

misterarthur said...

The bass player looks particularly happy.

Sam L. said...

They do got that twang thang.

Thud said...

Great stuff, hard to go wrong with a gretsch.

Philip said...

There's Yoyogi Park in Tokyo where bands play on Sunday afternoon and their fans congregate - especially the rockabilly culture. I sold my Schott motorcycle jacket off my back there for $500 (had to quickly buy another jacket because it was cold.)

Then there was the Filipino in Abu Dhabi who sang exactly like Waylon Jennings...

TmjUtah said...

They certainly do bring the strings, don't they?

Sixty Grit said...

That takes me back to some great times I had in Tokyo. Wish I could remember them. JK!

But seriously, the Country Gentlemen were awesome, bunch of local fellers from down home in DC. John Duffey in particular was a National Treasure, in the best Japanese sense of those two words.