Monday, November 19, 2012

Buxtehude Dude's Guitar Goes To Eleven


Reader Arkadiy wants my boys to adapt some Buxtehude for guitar and drums. Nice music. Prehistoric Bach. It's not a bad idea, but I refuse to carry a harpsichord up the stairs.

But, whoah; how much loot for that lute? That bad boy goes to eleven. You could moonlight on the weekend harpooning minke whales with that. I could change car tires using that for a lever. Joust. Our second floor windows could become secondary means of egress if we leaned that against the side of the house. I could pick apples on that thing. I could beat an elephant senseless with it in a pinch. It's awesome. I want one.

No, I want two, so I could strap them to my legs and join the circus. 

4 comments:

Johnny Glendale said...

I think I would like these guys in my living room every morning as I walk, in the dark, towards the kitchen to make coffee. Of course, I'd probably have to wear slippers and a robe with some kind of crest on it, and they'd probably wake everyone else in the house, and I'd probably have to make them breakfast...maybe I should just give a mouse a cookie and buy the cd.

John Lien said...

Actually, per EU convention, it goes to 3.3528.

Tom Francis said...

If you want one, it's called a chitterone....

Sam L. said...

It is good for a man to have ambitions, Mr. Sippi. would be a very good one.