Friday, August 10, 2012

The Good News Is: Unorganized Hancock Has Located A Bass Player


Of course, there's a problem.

We recorded the same song as the last time, Mardy Bum by the Arctic Monkeys, so you can compare and contrast more easily. Should the boys hire him? We'll have to buy him an instrument strung the right way, so there's one black mark against him already. And he lives near Los Angeles, and his bicycle has a flat tire, so he's likely to be late to practice a lot.

I'd take the gig myself, but I'm more of an impresario at this point. That means I still get paid but don't carry anything heavy, I think.

8 comments:

Leslie said...

Love

Sam L. said...

This is the crazy uncle, right?

Ah, right. Probably work for a lot less.

SippicanCottage said...

No, I'm the crazy uncle. To his kids.

Sam L. said...

Have you signed up The Spare for lessons with Kwon Soon Keun, or are you just going to make him watch the videos?

Leslie said...

All you need now is a big psychedelic bus!

Anonymous said...

Well yeah but will he work for scale?

shoreacres said...

I've been meaning to get this link to you - I have a feeling someone around there may find it useful/entertaining/informative/and etc.

The site is Words, Music, Baseball . The woman who runs it, Kit, knows way more than anyone should about all those things, but especially about music. New music.

The site's full of indie music, games, reviews, links to sites, song samples, etc. If I was young and interested in playing music, I'd be checking it out every day or so. I'm old and mostly listen to music, but I still check it out.

It's not just rock, either - plenty of blues, etc. I originally found her when I was heading over to Mississippi for a blues festival and I've never stopped reading.

dadofhomeschoolers said...

That made me smile :)