Friday, February 18, 2011

Come On In My Kitchen - Before And After. Play It Backwards And She Comes Home

Robert Johnson:

Crooked Still:

Never pays to take the last nickel out of a woman's nation sack.

(Thanks to Charles Schneider for sending me out for a snort off the crooked still)


Cas said...

Cool! I've never seen someone play the blues on a cello or banjo before...

John Lien said...

I just listened to that song on my Robert Johnson CD just, maybe, five minutes before giving your site a refresh. Whoa! DUDE! COSMIC! (Which reminds me, gotta give GAGDAD Bob a refresh.) I liked the Crooked Still version as well. Trivia question. Which rock supergroup of the 60s/70s started one of their songs with snippet of that song?

SippicanCottage said...

Hi John- Ooh, astral projection and Robert Johnson. Like peas and carrots.

Bob's website and the english he puts on his English is always refreshing.

William Cook said...

Just found your this, and read the blurb under the little boy portrait. Couldn't hit the follow button fast enough. I haven't got a clue who those kids are in the video but that was one powerful performance. They're the collective reincarnation of Leon Redbone. Oh Wait. He's still living.

SippicanCottage said...

Hi William- Thanks for reading and commenting. My mother calls that little boy portrait my "cub reporter" look.

Leon Redbone is one of those guys that's a scholar of what came before without being a slave to it. Great fun.