Friday, December 10, 2010

Read About Copperheads. I'll Cu Later

I've got an essay up over at Rightnetwork today. Why not head on over and try to untangle my diction? Leave a comment so I know you're still breathing. It's inconvenient to go to your houses and hold a mirror under your nose.

The Copper Thieves Are Back


Rob De Witt said...

My goodness, what an exquisite metaphor.

For reasons which remain obscure, I was unable to post a reply at RightNetwork. Nonetheless (ahem....)

I took your advice and boned up a little on the Copperhead ("Peace" Democrats) movement.

The takeaway quote is this one:

"With the conclusion of the war in 1865 the Peace Democrats were thoroughly discredited. Most Northerners believed, not without reason, that Peace Democrats had prolonged war by encouraging the South to continue fighting in the hope that the North would abandon the struggle."

Copperheads indeed. Excellent.

SippicanCottage said...

Hi Rob- I'm sorry about any problems you had with the interface over at Rightnetwork. I don't have any access to it, myself.

Thanks, as always, for reading and commenting.

Anonymous said...

This is a really good read for me, Must admit that you are one of the best bloggers I ever saw.Thanks for posting this informative article.

mey said...

Great post! I?m just starting out in community management/marketing media and trying to learn how to do it well - resources like this article are incredibly helpful. As our company is based in the US, it?s all a bit new to us. The example above is something that I worry about as well, how to show your own genuine enthusiasm and share the fact that your product is useful in that case

Tully said...

Copper thieves -- apt.

But will they pry all the "R" keys off the keyboards?

SippicanCottage said...

Tully- Yes, that's it. Made unusable for no important reason.