Sunday, October 10, 2010

Battle Of The Bands!

In this corner, my new favorite band that doesn't exist anymore, Jellyfish!

And in this corner, the re-assembled wreckage of a band that actually made me some money, along with the public debut of the heir spanking the plank.

The heir is so very much better than that now. A year is a long time. For a young man.


Gagdad Bob said...

Very good -- early exposure to the masters may inoculate the boy against the taint of bad teenage music. I'm adopting the same strategy with my five year-old. This morning he's been walking around singing I Wanna Be With You by the Raspberries.

Gagdad Bob said...

The Badfinger catalogue is finally being remastered & reissued with bonus tracks October 25. If you sample the last track, the demo version of No Matter What, I think you guys sound just as good.

SippicanCottage said...

G Bob!
The Rasberries were great fun. I'm always fascinated to see what hoary old tune interests my teen son from when I was a teenager. Learning No Matter What was his idea.

No Matter What is the song I'd point out to explain to a Martian what the radio was like in the early seventies.

It occurred to me when I was re-watching that video that I'll never play music with those guys again. They're five hours away now since I moved. A melancholy thought.

misterarthur said...

Jellyfish was a great band. Bellybutton is great.

misterarthur said...

ps: re: BadBadFInger. Gotta love a Fender® family.

Thud said...

Daughter number 1 approved heartily ~(play it again dad!) number two just ried to eat out of two ain't bad.