Friday, May 21, 2010

The Unusual Flavor Is Imparted By Accidentally Sucking On The Paper Bag You're Drinking It Out Of. Duh

This may come as a shock to some of you, but James Mason might not have actually enjoyed Thunderbird wine. As a matter of fact, I'm beginning to suspect that many celebrities are occasionally lending their charisma to sell products and services that aren't very good, and that they don't really like or use. I have nothing to base this supposition on, of course; call it a hunch. Maybe Jamie Lee Curtis really can't poop without constantly eating yogurt that's been left on the windowsill in the sun too long on purpose, and desires to report this, in confidence, of course, to a couple of other ladies gone a bit long in the tooth and sitting on her couch.

As I said, it's just a hunch I have. The only thing I know for certain is I don't want to visit the bathroom right after any of the girls, and I don't won't to go on a bender with James Mason.


Daphne said...

That was pretty amusing.

Thunderbird, had it once at a Black folks party way back in the day. It made a spectacular exit in their commode before I said my goodbyes for the evening.

Andy said...

I'll take your place at the Mason-Bender.

The ladies, however, poop alone.

ZZMike said...

There's a nice connection between the James Mason post and the Orson Wells: Wells was the guy who said "We [shall?] serve no wine before its time". (Unfortunately, the commercial has such a lasting effect that I forget which wine that was.)

(Wine over ice? If that's what it takes to make it taste good.....)