Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Son Invented President Math

Well, I guess he did. I never heard of it.

OK, quick: Who's U.S. Grant minus John Quincy Adams? My six-year-old can tell you. We were somewhat flummoxed the first time he asked us. He waited, patiently, and finally offered: That's hard, it's OK, I'll tell you.



BTW, it's Zachary Taylor. I had to look it up.

(Update: Oh dear savior. For a lark, I just asked him who James Madison times James Madison is. He didn't even hesitate or stop playing X-Box: Abe Lincoln. He rattled off a half dozen more answers multiplying one President by another to yield a third. I'm going back to the hospital right now to demand they give me the correct baby)

15 comments:

Sam L. said...

That's inventive. He's sharp.

lorraine said...

wow

Johnny Glendale said...

Impressive!

Anonymous said...

Don't exchange this guy for another baby. He's as good as they get.

Thud said...

The lad is going to go far....very far, I hope he remembers his Dad!

Ed McDonough said...

Uncle Ed loves this Garrett!

SippicanCottage said...

Ed is my oldest and dearest friend.

Anna said...

Wonderful kid. Good job.

Retriever said...

Great kid. You must be proud! :)

Steve said...

Mr. Steve "Fred" Baraban is speechless and would like to know the square root of Millard Fillmore??

SippicanCottage said...

Steve! Long time no see.

Another of my old and dear friends. My Internet outpost pays dividends again.

Anwyn said...

Keep us updated when he gets to division. :) That is awesome!

vanderleun said...

God I love this kid. The homeschooling poster kid for all eternity.

SippicanCottage said...

Well, Gerard, as you know, that kid loves you, too, so you're even.

k said...

I think my favorite is that he calls the Jameses "Jim"! Jim Buchanan, Jim Monroe.

And also priceless: "JIM!" "POKE!"