Sunday, August 09, 2009

Antigonish, Lumber Or Fish

My people came to Boston from Nova Scotia, and some live up there still. My lovely cousin's children play Celtic tunes, and I wish I had a video of them to put up here. I hear tell they're pretty good. They played at the White House.

Well, the Boston Kiltics will have to do. They do pretty well in their own stead, I'd say. They're from Boston and Nova Scotia too. Cead mile failte to my regular readers, and Happy Sunday.


Daphne said...

That was lovely.

Happy Sunday to you, Sippican.

Jim - PRS said...

Nicely done.

teresa said...

Very nice Mr. Sippican. I love that Cape Breton fiddle music. Too bad Jerry Holland died, he was a favorite of ours. A carpenter by day( in his youth, anyway)and a fiddle player by night.
As they say in N.S. "you can't eat the view".
My father-in-law, whom I loved dearly employed a great many Canadian carpenters during the '50's and 60's both in Newton and on the Cape. Most were from Cheticamp I believe.