Pages

Friday, November 28, 2008

My Mind Drifts Back To Bangladesh


It's a bad brew that gets uncorked there from time to time. You can't understand the impetus for it by only scanning to the horizon. The Raj isn't far back enough to go. You must cast your mind further.

Nandas? Guptas? Auryas? Do you know your Pashto? You could pick through the ruins of the Mughal Empire and see the world, in all its potentialities. The British did. That world looked back at them with a thousand yard stare.

God does not seem like a wooden totem only, there. He takes his millions in a rainstorm alone. The stones are soaked once again with blood, to mix with blood spilled by Menander.

You can look into your heart and try to find the notion that life itself has meaning. You hope others do, too. If their heart has that place.

3 comments:

dick said...

B*stard,

I got started with that video and have been spending the past 2 hours just going through the ones linked from that one. There is a fantastic one of Eric Clapton, BB King and Buddy Guy doing Rock Me, Baby that I have on my 3rd time listening.

I had other things to do but that can all wait.

Anonymous said...

It's called "Original Sin." Ask Augustine about it.

Eric said...

I'm too young to remember this, although my older siblings probably do.

Now, the Raj is one of the reasons we are seeing the things we do these days. No real use dragging Menander into it, IMO. And that dude from Mecca has lots more to answer for, if you ask me, but nobody ever does.