Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Found In Translation



I could explain to you that the average world citizen's worldview is too narrow. Muse about the reasons many exalt the worst sort of tripe while they execrate the most sublime sort of art. I might point out the frauds and mountebanks that flense extravagant slices of notoriety from the beached whale carcass of celebrity nowadays. I could even dissect and analyze to the nth degree bits of the Zeitgeist, and discomfit you by making you notice how shabby the trappings of your popular culture are.

But I'm not going to. I'll just mention that the world is full of marvels and wonders, and I adore swimming through its limpid digital pools. My world is big enough because this guy (?) is in it. So I'll let him speak for himself. He explains his video thusly:

The bosom oak it is and performing the pop with the ukulele

Yes, indeed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do have bosom oak for the ukulele, Sipp. I still love the performing the Smells Like Teen Spirit clip by the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain.
-Deb in Madison

SippicanCottage said...

Here ya go:

Googlewhack is amused