Pages

Monday, April 07, 2008

Two Posts In One Day!

My friend Gerard at American Digest has a handy diagram of his desk on his page today, which in a fit of inspiration he stole from someone else. I'm not sure if Gerard is a raconteur or not. I never met the fellow.

I always like to imagine my friends are all raconteurs. See, I'm an international man of mystery, so I'm sort of obligated to surround myself with raconteurs. There is always a danger in this world of trying to associate yourself with the proper sort of raconteur, but ending up, sadly, with mere wags.

Now, I realize that this is the Intertunnel, so for all I know Gerard is actually a four-hundred pound Korean woman who cleans herself with a rag on a stick, collects Potsy Webber bobble-head dolls, knits big loud afghans to donate to the American Friends Service Commitee, eats only Pringles, and drinks Jolt/Red Bull/Zarex/Rohypnol Smashes all day and night while posting 2200 word rants about her sewer rates in the comments at Perez Hilton. Anything's possible.

But I hope he really is a raconteur. I need to maintain a certain tone in my Intertunnel arrangements.

At any rate, I've prepared a sort of "How To" map of my affairs, just to help you people along that don't know how to handle yourself in the Go-Go world of big-time Internet Celebrities like me. And Gerard. I think.

4 comments:

Gerard said...

Dear Sippi,

Please to seek professional help:

RIGHT HERE!

Ron said...

of course I'm a raconteur! Also a roue, a roustabout, a man-about-town! They couldn't a toothpaste outta me, cause Miami aint as Floridated as me, and folks would be blinded by the glare of the choppers Dentened by moi!

I'm tryin' hard to be humble, but I just cants deny reality!

SippicanCottage said...

What a fantastic word roue is. Some people settle for "cad."

Ron don't settle.

Steve F said...

It's time to start a collection of quotes. First entry:

There is always a danger in this world of trying to associate yourself with the proper sort of raconteur, but ending up, sadly, with mere wags.