Thursday, February 01, 2007

Welcome To Blogger Beta!

Stop fixing things.

I'm sick of the jet set deciding that everything that doesn't get up and dance around needs to be modified.

I want to type words into a text editor and upload a picture and have people read it.

I'm not the sort of person that thinks that no one needs what I don't want. I don't want to outlaw everything I don't care for. But for god sakes, don't tell us that you're going to add four aisles to the grocery store to make it better, and then forget where you put the key for the front door.

The skinny eyeglass set can't seem to understand why 97% of the world uses a computer they wouldn't be caught dead with. Let me give you a hint: It works. It's not fancy. It works. You turn it on, and you work, because it works.

There's a reason why I never built a house first, then slipped the foundation under it. Just a thought.


Pastor_Jeff said...

Preach it, brother.

I don't use 85% of what Word can do. I wrote my senior honors thesis with Wordstar on a 5 1/4" floppy. I really don't need 50 MB more of word processing power.

Imagine if other products worked like computers:

"I'm sorry sir, your car won't run Gas 2.0."

"Hold on there -- you can't use that old hammer with those nails."

"I'm afraid you'll have to upgrade your house to 4-prong outlets to use the new electricity."

"No, that piano won't play the new music."

Pogo said...

And it is really happening with the newfangled widescreen TVs, all souped up on anti-piracy software so that you can pay $2K for the set and $200 for the DVD player and $20 for the DVD, only to find out the DVDplayer-TV-DVD combination ain't compatible with each other and ye gots no pitcher a tall.

So I ain't buyin' one. No matter how detailed the pores on Angeline's cheeks become.