Pages

Friday, September 01, 2006

Do You Know What It Means To Miss New Orleans?

[Editor's Note: We serve no masters here but our own defective interests. I don't think anything I've ever written elicited the response, public and private, that the New Orleans entry did.
When I was a performer, we'd play a song sometimes, and the girls would love it. We were never like artists - we'd play it again if they asked us to. (We never cared a fig about what guys liked, under any circumstances. Sorry, that's just the way it was.)
So I'm interested in this. So are you. To hell with everybody else.]

{Author's Note: There is no editor.}


Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans?
And miss it each night and day
I know Im not wrong... this feelings gettin' stronger
The longer I stay away

Miss them moss covered vines...the tall sugar pines
Where mockingbirds used to sing
And Id like to see that lazy Mississippi...
hurryin' into spring

The moonlight on the bayou
a creole tune that fills the air
I dream about magnolias in bloom
and I'm wishin' I was there

Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans?
When that's where you left your heart
And theres one thing more...I miss the one I care for
More than I miss New Orleans
The moonlight on the bayou
a creole tune that fills the air
I dream about magnolias in bloom
and I'm wishin I was there Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans?
When that's where you left your heart
And theres one thing more
I miss the one I care for
More-more than I miss-New Orleans

No comments: